"Everything is held together with stories. That is all
that is holding us together, stories and compassion."
~ Barry Holstun Lopez
Click on the Globe to See Where Some Of Our Alumni Live
"What can you do with a degree in Depth Psychology?"
This is one of the most frequently asked questions by perspective students, along with their families and friends.
- Click here to explore what some of our alumni are doing with their degrees in the world.
- Click here to read what our alumni say about how the degree has impacted their professional lives.
Visit Some Alumni Websites
- Cliff Bostock www.cliffbostock.com and www.cliffbostock.com/sacreddisorder
- Craig Chalquist www.terrapsych.com, and www.chalquist.com
- Maura Conlon-McIvor www.mauraconlon.com
- Jennifer Freed www.jenniferfreed.com
- Robin Gordon www.womenalchemists.com
- Cynthia Anne Hale www.imaginalways.com
- Jeffrey Hull www.jeffreyhull.com
- John Eric Killinger www.intermundiafoundation.org
- Robert Lloyd www.robertcharleslloyd.com
- Ruth Meyer www.clioscircle.com
- Betsy Perluss www.psycheandnature.com
- Constance S. Rodriguez www.soulmatters.com
- Jennifer Selig www.jenniferleighselig.com
- John Smethers www.ScumbagSewerRats.com
- Darryl Scott Stanley www.dscottstanley.com
- Rikki Tannen www.femaletrickster.com
- Shelley Tuckluk www.witnessingwhiteness.com
- Tayria Ward www.tayriaward.com
Entered Pacifica: 2002
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, Licensed Professional Counselor
Adjunct Professor, Our Lady of the Lake University
Where You Live:
What Brought You To Pacifica?
Probably a lack of good sense. I found the focus on Depth
Darryl Scott Stanley, Ph.D.
Congratulations to alumnus Dr. Connie Poppino for receiving a Heroes in Healthcare award for her work in with the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in the Kansas City area. Click here to read more about the award and her work
Psychology the attraction. I've been interested in Jung and Freud since seminary days, and was glad to see an institution dedicated to exploring and applying their ideas in culture.
How Has Your Pacifica Degree Served You Professionally In Your Occupation/Vocation?
Yes and no. Having a psychodynamic background makes me a strange bird in most clinical circles. Some in the university's Psychology department where I now teach wince when I talk about Jungian and Freudian ideas, but others (more often in the Literature department) want to explore psychoanalytic notions.
How Has Your Degree Served You Personally?
The classes and writing the dissertation allowed me to struggle with a few (!) of my complexes. Contrasting with my other academic endeavors, the shadows I cast on my work were acknowledged; more important, my advisor encouraged me to integrate my shadows into my research.
What Was The Meaningful Or Memorable Part Of The Pacifica Experience For You?
How supportive was my advisor, Robert Romanyshyn, throughout the process. I felt he was interested in my work and my topic, and his reflections during our conversations helped me maintain a perspective on the work so I could finish.
Toward a Poetics of Home
PO Box 55629
Houston, Texas 77255
Meet our latest alumni, Dr. Linda Schultz, and read about her dissertation on the archetypal impulse behind compulsive overeating
Congratulations to alumnus
Dr. Jeffrey Hull on his new book
Shift: Let Go of Fear and
Get Your Life in Gear
Jeffrey W. Hull, Ph.D., is a psychologist, executive coach, and writer widely recognized as a pioneer in the field of leadership and high performance coaching. Featured in a segment on creativity in business for Good Morning America, he has also appeared on NBC News and other programs. He lives in New York City and the Hudson Valley region of upstate New York.
Click here to read an interview with Jeffrey, including how his studies at Pacifica influenced his book, and the advice he would offer anyone who's considering the leap into a degree in Depth Psychology but might be experiencing fear!